Featured
Jim P Oam

Verified Reviewer

This person supports our platform.
Get a badge ›

Supporter

Resolved: Ballwin store did front end alignment

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Ballwin store did front end alignment
Explore video interviews
Advertisements
Updated by user Apr 19, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product or service ordered. Central area manager called and asked if I would like to give them another chance and I answered yes if there was a good reason.

The manager said they had a new store manager and a new technician so they would like to set up an appointment for me to have the work redone.

I said yes, he set up the appointment, and the work was done in a very good manner. All is well!.

Original review Dec 03, 2023
Front end alignment consisted only of setting toe in. No castor or camber adjustment at all. When I complained they suggested I go to another store for rest of the alignment. Result was $100.00 to set toe in on my vehicle. I would not recommend their service work.

User's recommendation: Be careful about what you are going to get there

srinivasa b Msx

Regarding my car issues

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Regarding my car issues
Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Regarding my car issues - Image 2

Name:Srinivasa Rao

Contact:314685****

I recently had my car serviced at Dobbs, hoping to address some persistent issues. Unfortunately, my experience has been less than satisfactory.

Despite paying a substantial $2200 for their services, the problems with my car persist.

The initial repairs seemed effective for a brief period, but the issues resurfaced shortly after. I returned to Dobbs multiple times, and each visit has been met with uncertainty and incomplete resolutions. The lack of consistency in addressing the problem has left me frustrated.

I've communicated my concerns to the Dobbs team, but the resolution has been elusive.

It's disheartening to have spent a significant amount without witnessing a lasting improvement in my car's performance.

As a customer, I expected a more thorough diagnosis and a reliable solution for the amount paid. The recurring problems and the apparent disconnect between service and results have left me dissatisfied with my experience at Dobbs.

I hope my feedback encourages Dobbs to revisit their services and provide more comprehensive solutions to ensure customer satisfaction.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Are responding properly

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t trust Dobbs

Kirsten D Inj

Use cheap parts and won't warranty

Do not let them fix your car. Had the brakes done in 2022, replaced rotors ect.

They started squeaking less than a year later. Took it back in 2023 and the front pads were replaced under warranty. They also replaced a light on the top, which started leaking that night. Called them back and they claimed it wasn't their fault.

I took the light off myself and there was a clear crease in the seal. Took it back again and they fixed it under warranty. Within a year brakes were squeaking again so I took it back. Of course they are out of warranty now and the rotors and pads need replaced again.

Pads lasted less than 15,000 miles and rotors less than 30,000.

$1000 worth of parts that last less than two years. Save yourself the trouble and go anywhere else.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Friendly staffed
Cons:
  • Poor quality

Preferred solution: My brakes fixed

User's recommendation: Go anywhere else.

map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I thank that Dobbs is out for everyone's money.

I paid $89.00 for a 4 quart oil change today. Plus they are going through the hole underneath to see if they can find something that looks like they can find to add to the billing. They said I needed a left tire, but being a all wheel drive I need to buy all 4 tires, plus a all wheel alignment. Right at $1000.00 won't be back
Korrine Bid
map-marker East Alton, Illinois

Damage

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Damage
I took my car in for a flat tire to be fixed and they heavily scratched my black rims. The car is only 8 months old.

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else!!!

Kevin B Mus

Poor workmanship and warranty

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Poor workmanship and warranty

Ok, Dobbs tire center sucks. I bought tires from them earlier this year.

First problem, had a tire slowly leaking down in about a week and a half. Stopped by to see if they could look at it on my way home from work. Bunch of guys standing around not working on anything, they told me I need to leave the car there. I couldn't, so I went home and then I noticed the valve core bent.

They installed a bent core. So I just changed the core myself and aired the tire, kept an eye on it. I finally looked at it at home and I think I found the problem. They installed the tire and left dirt on the bead.

Terrible workmanship! I cleaned the entire bead and so far no tiny leaks like I seen before cleaning. Another problem I had with them, I rotated my tires, the car started to pull left. Had ford check alignment, it was good.

They suspected a bad tire. Took it back to Dobbs, they told me it was a radial pull. Radial pull? That means a tire is bigger or smaller in diameter.

They told me the tire manufacturer wouldn't warranty it. I think that would be a defective tire. They rotate the tires back and did a balance check. See the other picture, these rims are stick on weights.

They did a balance and look at the placement. If you do a balance and the machine tells you to put a weight 180 out from the one on there, you need to remove all weights and check again. Again poor workmanship.

I will never go there again and unfortunately I got road hazzard with them. I won't have them touch my vehicles again!

I would advise never have them put tires on you vehicles or even work on them.

Again, stay away from Dobbs!

Got an email from Cooper Tire company, the tire was under warranty.

Preferred solution: I am done with them. Cooper tire wants me to go back, I will not

User's recommendation: Go somewhere else to get tires and service

map-marker Chesterfield, Missouri

Assistant Store Manager Brett Mueller of Creve Coeur Going the extra miles

My 1st time to bring my SUV to Dobbs Creve Coeur. After the new installation, it did not look right. I brought it to Brett's attention. He was patient and go over the problem and had it rectified. He is of such calm with patience and listening to customers feedbacks to further recited the problems. Dobbs is fortunate to have someone of his caliber. I will be having my family and colleagues to bring any auto problems to Dobbs Creve Coeur for more business cos of Brett.

User's recommendation: This place have a store manager with integrity to look at your auto problems.

map-marker Ballwin, Missouri

Complaint Regarding unauthorized work done at Dobbs Store #16

Dear David Dobbs, I am filing a complaint against the Retail Sales Manager Mike Sliwoski and the technician, Brandon J, under the Merchandizing Practicing Act. On Saturday, April 10, 2021, at 8:30am, I took my 2015 Kia Sorento in for a standard oil change, and to do an initial air conditioning diagnostic check. Mike Sliwoski , stated that the cost for the air conditioning diagnostic would be $46 dollars with tax, and $36 dollars for the oil change. I would like the record to show that this is the only service I agreed to. I would also like the record to show that Dobbs pattern of practice over the past nine years, was to call and let me know what repairs were needed prior to doing any work. In every instance, I either authorized or declined the work. Prior to this situation, Dobbs had followed this practice consistently. But, on Saturday, April 10, 2021, the technician Brandon J. did not call me for authorization regarding the air conditioning repair. As evening approached on Saturday, I noticed that I had not received a call from the Dobbs store. As a result, I called the store around 5:15pm to see what was the status of my vehicle. It was at this time when I spoke to Mike Sliwoski on the phone. I asked Mike what was going on with the 2015 Sorento. Mike stated, let me check. After a few minutes, Mike came back to the phone and said, the work was done. I asked Mike, what do you mean? Mike stated, Brandon did the air conditioning maintenance check, an evacuate and recharge, a leak test, and put in 3 pounds of Freon. The bill is $305.03 I asked Mike, why was this other work done, since I did not give authorization for this?. Mike responded, Brandon said he went ahead and did the work since he did not reach you. At this point, I informed Mike that I was on my way to address this situation. When, I arrived at the Dobbs store around 5:30pm, I again asked Mike, why was the additional work done without my authorization I would like the record to reflect that the Evacuate and Recharge R134A Performance Test, Leak Test and 3 pounds of Freon was not authorized by me. Mike replied, Brandon said that he tried to call you, but he was not able to reach you. I asked Mike, when did Brandon call, and what number did he use. Mike stated, Brandon called the 618-741-**** number. Mike also stated, Brandon told me he called around 2:00pm and got a busy signal, and then called again and left a message. Since he didnt hear from you, he went ahead and did the work. I immediately rebutted what Brandon told Mike. I stated, first of all, I never received a call from Brandon, and second I have an issue with the work being done without my authorization. This has never been and is not a pattern of practice for Dobbs." Mikes response was, we will pull your vehicle into the bay and drain the 3 pounds of Freon and deduct the $15. Appalled and dismayed by the Regional Sales Manager condoning his employees confession of doing the work without my authorization, I replied, this is not how this matter should be handled. Mike repeated his statement, I can remove the Freon and take off the $15 dollars, but that is all. You can take it, or leave the vehicle. At this point, it was very apparent that that Mike Sliwoski (Regional Sales Manager), and Brandon J. (Technician) were very comfortable and determined to violate my rights as a loyal customer, and as a black man. At this point, I told Mike, I will report this to the Dobbs Cooperate Office. Mike smiled and responded, Go ahead sir. Under duress, I told Mike I would pay for this now, but I would file my complaint with the cooperate office to appeal this matter. Mike smiled again and said, go right ahead and do that sir. I would like the record to show that as a black man dealing with racial injustice daily, it was clearly evident that The Regional Sales Manager Mike Sliwoski and Brandon J. felt casually comfortable in violating my rights. This violation was first perpetrated by Brandon J. when he admitted to the manager that he did the work without my permission, and then lied about calling me. My rights were further violated when Mike Sliwoski (Regional Sales Manager) upheld and adamantly supported the violation of my right. In addition, I would like the record to show that in my phone records for of the 618-741-**** number, that no calls were made from Dobbs, or any unknown number. It is for the reasons stated in this complaint, I am requesting reimbursement for the $164.95 Evacuate /Recharge R134A Systems Performance Test, Leak Test, and the $15.95 charge for 3 pounds of Freon and Dye. As a loyal paying customer for nine years at the Dobbs Tire and Auto Center #16, I am trusting that this humiliating and demeaning incident facilitated by Mike Sliwoski and Brandon J., is not a reflection of the pattern of practice supported by the Dobbs franchise. Sincerely, Christopher M. Ross
Kelii Hba
map-marker Park Ridge, Illinois

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Warranty
Lost call my tire is and should be still cover and its no reason for that tire to do that I dont care what anybody says bc the mileage is recorded at the time of service and today 9/11 Im now having to purchase a new tire
map-marker Centreville, Illinois

Issue with Goodyear tire(s)

Paid for set of Goodyear tires and already have had to have a tire replaced. Same issue again w/replacement tire. Wanted to pay difference for replacement; but was told I couldnt. Did this w/original purchase...why cant I decide? Place is now under new management know Cahokia, Illinois

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Roselle, Illinois

Complaint

Had my 2017 Jeep Renegade in Chesterfield Airport rd for oil change and then a radiator flush upsale then they tried to sell me a transmission flush on a sealed unit what are you guys doing trying to rip me off or to damage my jeep this is even what the Jeep engineer said. Very unlikely will ever be back to Dobbs . I will inform all my friends of this .

Verified Buyer
| map-marker Roselle, Illinois

Dissatisfied

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Dissatisfied
MANAGER @ ELLISVILLE MO. DOBBS WAS BELLIGERENT TOWARDS ME WHEN I PRESENTED HIM WITH A CASHIERS CHECK TO PAY FOR THE FIVE TIRES I PURCHASED. HE TOLD ME THAT THE NEXT TIME THAT I DECIDE TO DO ANY BUSSINESS @ HIS ESTABLISHMENT. "TO BRING CASH NEXT TIME!!"

User's recommendation: BUYER BEWARE!

Kendall C Fph

AVOID at all costs

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - AVOID at all costs
Had an oil change and the cross threaded the drain plug. They got in a hurry and used an air wrench on it. Instead of fixing the mistake they put loctite on it. They were friendy and helpful about the problem, but insisted they didn't put loctite. I took it back in and they changed the oil and charged me $90. Said there wasn't any problem with the drain plug coming out. And then went ahead and rotated the tired for free. Today I tried to change the oil and I fold a drain plug that doesn't belong to a car. It looks like it may be used on a tractor. They striped out my oil pan and now it'll have to be replaced. To make problems worse, i tried to change my brakes and found out that they also cross threaded to my wheel studs. I cannot remove my left front wheel. And if I did, I would only be able to tight three of the five lugs. Whether they fix it right this time, only time will tell.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Sometimes do the job
Cons:
  • Staff
  • Integrity of the business
  • Being pushed off and assumed to be fine
Bad quality

Preferred solution: fix what they broke on my car

map-marker Branson, Missouri

Management left my sister without a car and has done nothing to make it right. Overcharging and high pressure upselling make this business a joke and not consumer friendly. Shame on Dobbs for taking advantage of consumers.

User's recommendation: Run away!

JEREMIAH C Wfz

Verified Reviewer

Be prepared to wait alone time and it's not first come first served at the cape girardeau mo location.

Been setting and waiting for my car to be fixed. They told me 2 hrs and nows its 3 hrs and they haven't even pulled it in yet.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Warrant is great
Cons:
  • Being pushed off and assumed to be fine
Reason of review:
Work not being done in a timely manner.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Jason T Yaz

Shop around

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Shop around
I have a 2008 Toyota Avalon and the driver side headlight went out. The owners manual instructed me to have a professional mechanic change the bulb. Dobbs tire and auto is about a mile away for me, so naturally I thought of them first. Upon calling and being informed that to change my headlight bulb was going to be $331, I contacted Autotire. Autotire did the job for $47. I don’t know what’s wrong with Dobbs, but $300 to change a lightbulb? Isn’t that a little bit high?
Pricing issue
Kelly R Pmd

Worst experience EVER!! A simple oil change ended up costing me 500 dollars because the idiots put the wrong oil in my car and caused damage!! I am beyond frustrated

A simple oil change ended up costing me 500 dollars because the idiots put the wrong oil in my car and caused damage!! I am beyond frustrated and feel they should be held responsible for what they did and pay for repairs!!!!! I also have someone who knows the owner and has said that he goes around bragging about how he rips people off all the time. I would never suggest going anywhere near Dobbs

About

Summary

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers, Inc. is one of the largest tire and auto service retailers in the Saint Louis area. The company was established in 1976 and is based in High Ridge, Missouri. Dobbs Tires and Auto Centers, Inc. provides a wide range of auto services such as alternators, brakes, battery and radiator replacements, engines, oil and filter, shocks and struts, factory scheduled maintenance, transmission service, fuel injectors, exhaust systems, air conditioning, rack and pinion steering, and much more. The company has a special fixed forever warranty that includes parts replacement and labor in case your part ever failed.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers reviews and complaints

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers is ranked 240 out of 1218 in Service Centers and Repairs category

Official Company Name

Dobbs Tire & Auto Centers, Inc.

Owner

Type of Business

Offline

Area Served

USA

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article