Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Very Incompetent

Saint Peters, Missouri 0 comments

I took my 05 Equinox in for the "fixed forever" brake guarantee to the Mid Rivers location.I noticed that it didn't feel right as soon as I drove away.

It would shake when I would apply the brake. I called twice and was told both times to keep driving it, because "it should smooth out". Now I need new rotors, per another car place. If DOBBS would have cared and looked into this, I wouldn't need to spend even more money to accommodate for what they should have paid attention to.

This job was a "half assed job!DO NOT TRUST DOBBS!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with location convenience and stated that there is a room for improvement of being pushed off and assumed to be fine and integrity of the business. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of dobbs tire and auto brake services. Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dobbs tire and auto brake services in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Simple Review #1439061472

Hillsboro, Missouri 0 comments
2.3

Price gouging and unnecessary work.Took vehicle to Festus Mo store and they wanted to replace "loose" front end parts, at just shy of $700.

Order #07-267153.

Not only was work not needed on my vehicle with just $100K, it was 3 times what other service providers charge AND 1.5X what dealer would charge.

Review about: Dobbs Tire And Auto Repair.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Lied to about brakes

Saint Louis, Missouri 0 comments

I took my car to Dobbs because they were the only one who could get me in to see what was going in with my rear brake (singular).Knowing the car did not squeal, it sounded like my great shield had gotten bent.

Instead, the service manager told me the calipers froze and it caused my brake pad and rotors to need replacement. Naturally, this didn't sit well with me, but, i had an extended warranty, so the cost should have been no more than $100. I still decided to take the car to a dealer, just for a second opinion (though, the dealer in question hates doing warranty repairs), and ultimately decided I'd let Dobbs fix the car. Big mistake.

First, they quoted me a price of $630 for brakes (though, the parts are actually included due to the calipers) and tried to make it seem like I was getting a deal. I called up someone who owns an auto repair shop, extremely reputable, and he told me for everything (including the labor and calipers) the cost is 348 plus tax. He then called the warranty company for me and, after an itemized breakdown, we found Dobbs charging me $140 per pad ($280) when the pads cost $20, then $120 per rotor ($240) at a cost of $20, $560 per caliper ($1120) even though the calipers cost $90 apiece and I only needed one, and 1.9 hours of labor at $220 per hour ($418), when the job only takes thirty minutes. They were discounting the bill to $1982, but that's still $1634 more than anyone else.

When i confronted them with this, I got a nasty email saying the manager already spent three hours unpaid on my car (which he did not; in fact, he spent maybe five minutes then called me back 7 minutes after getting off the phone with me and said he spent 45 minutes talking to the warranty people; prior to that, I was in the shop for fifteen minutes before he came in and said my calipers needed to be replaced).Now, I'm stuck in a rental car for an extra week because they tried to gouge me.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "pay me back for my rental" as the author lost $200. The author is overall dissatisfied with Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers. The most disappointing about dobbs tire and auto brake services from Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers was being lied to, no integrity and price gouging and customer service , but reviewer liked location convenience. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Service Centers and Repairs category for more informed decision or compare Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers to other companies on our site.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - WARRANTY ISSUES

Florissant, Missouri 0 comments

I bought my brake pads that have a lifetime warranty.I heard a noise coming from my right tire and the car would barely stop.

Took it to Dobbs in St. Louis, Mo at 2775 Lindberg. They tried to charge me $30 just to look at it. They said that it could be something else.

All they had to do is look at the brakes and tell me if that was the problem or not. Very disappointed with Dobbs. WILL NEVER GO AGAIN !!!!!

They don't hold up the end of there bargain.I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO THEM.

This person wrote the review because of warranty issue of brakes check from Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers to offer any options to resolve the issue.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Not honest about repairs needed.

Saint Louis, Missouri 0 comments

I went to Dobbs for oil change tire rotation.I was told that my tie rod on the right was bad.

The estimate with power steering fluid and alignment 1069 +. I did not sit right with me. So I waited took it to another auto service. Tie rods are fine the vibration when stopping is due to my brakes.

I wonder if the other service they did 2 years ago was true. Will not be going back.

This is one woman they will not make anymore money from.

I am very disappointed with the lack of integrity from them.No more!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of dobbs tire and auto centers oil change. Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers needs to "they lost my business" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned dobbs tire and auto centers oil change in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Fenton MO Dobbs Management Lost my 10+ year of patronizing them

Ballwin, Missouri 2 comments

I went in to get a price quote on catalytic converters for a 05 Caddy CTS. Asked about Walker direct fit which cost 250 dollars online and they can get easily for that price if not lower. They quoted me 750 per cat, 1500 dollars and 270 in labor. I explained that I had been a customer of theirs for 10+ years, bought tires, done work etc... the front employee looked to be in his early 20's and said "our system shows 750 per cat". I then challenged again as my father runs a shop in Chicago and the prices were more than the alldatapro program OEM prices were. He then went to go off and see the manager to discuss.... he came back a few minutes later and said, no they are that much. He claimed then that there was a 100 dollar core fee on these cat's. So I checked with my father who still runs the shop up there.... not in 40 years has he seen a core fee on a GM product especially aftermarket. They make money recycling your old cat's.

The price markup at a minimum based on my father's shop was about 1000 dollars.

Gouging the customer. Absolutely.

Dobbs has lost my business. The prior manager who ran the place was Mike Vanmeter and Rich was a senior service writer and I never saw this sort of price issue. I even asked them to just put the cats on if I ordered them.... "No we can't warranty our work.... hello in the past I used to have the shop there have me sign that I assumed all risk with repairs with my own parts."

A walker direct fit cat is the same as they would have ordered. After this experience I can only imagine how many poor unknowing owners of cars get screwed by this facility.

Mr Dobbs who owns the stores needs to have a QA check on his prices. I hope others read this and figure out that this is NOT where you want to go. To think that it's acceptable to overcharge 1000 dollars on cats is just outright fraud. Training is in order and how about get a shop manager who has some integrity and doesn't look to screw the local base of people who consider your facility for their repair work.

ricks66gs wrote the review because of "quote and competency of employees is poor" at Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1000 and wants Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was no integrity and price gouging. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers catalytic converter for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

if you need tires, that's about all you want them touching

I think you must be confused.Dobbs or any business for that matter HAS to make money.

Sounds like you can repair AND diagnose cars...good luck bub

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Price gouged!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri 0 comments

I have been a long time customer of the Dobbs Tire and Service location on Dorsett in Maryland Heights, Missouri. While I always knew they shafted the women and people they didn't know or first time customers I never believed they would do what they recently did to me. Not only am I a long time customer myself but my 2 sons have been taking their vehicles there for tires for the last 5 years. Knowing their reputation for selling people

service or parts they didn't need I never took any of my vehicles there for anything but tires. Since I am business owner myself in Maryland Heights and have even brought the store dozens of donuts on several occasions when I have dropped my car off for tires to show my appreciation I never expected what happened approximately (3) weeks ago.

I own 3 high profile vehicles that tires are quite pricey on and have purchased several sets of tires there over the years. I recently went to this location where the manager there (Paul) quoted me a price of $2850.00 for a set of 4 tires for my Dodge Viper. I advised Paul that I bought tires before there and didn't remember them being that expensive. Paul advised me that unfortunately "It is what it is" Thinking to myself that I know Paul knows that I am a loyal customer for tires there I believed that Paul was giving me the best deal he could give me. That's when one of my employees told me about Andy Wurm Tires in Ferguson Missouri that could most likely beat Dobbs price. I drove to Andy Wurms and was quoted a price of $1880.00 for the same set of 4 tires that Dobbs previously quoted me of $2850.00!!!! That's right, almost $1000.00 in savings!!! I also was provided fast friendly service with Andy Wurms sales staff too! This was a total lesson to me and naturally I advised my boys to "never" go to any Dobbs location for not only service but tires now too!

I was spreading the word last week to friends and other business owners in the area when another friend of mine was telling me the story of a previous service manager at the Dobbs location in Hazelwood on Howdershell Road that was terminated when he advised the company that he could not keep telling people that they needed tires, brakes, ect....when they indeed didn't. He now works for a reputable competitor in the area and says he couldn't be happier!

Bottom line....................STAY AWAY FROM ALL DOBBS LOCATION!!!!!!!!!!! THEIR CROOKS!

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to "change their ways or hopefully the reputation they have built will their own punishment". The author is overall dissatisfied with Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Damaged my car and then lied about it

Warrenton, Missouri 0 comments

I personally had replaced both my front struts on my vehicle.It requires a front end alignment after this is performed, and I could visually see it needed one.

I had marked all the mounting locations with a marker to put everything back in its original position. Took it to Dobbs in Wentzville. They align it and I take it home. I went to put the plastic strut covers back on the struts under the hood, and noticed the R/H strut tower stabilizer bar mount stud is broken off.

The L/H strut piston threads are all galled up and the new mount has deep gouges in it. Obviously they had to adjust the mounts to get the alignment and I knew this going in. I took it back up there and the mechanic flat out lied, saying the mount stud was broken before he started. What a bunch of liars and dishonest people.

Never will go to Dobbs for anything! They offered to fix it, but I can fix it myself and I wont let them touch my vehicles anymore.

All I wanted was an apology and admission of what happened, but I guess honesty and integrity are to much to ask for from this company.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of front end alignment from Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers to "never use this company again".

The most disappointing in user's experience was being lied to. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Dobbs Tire And Auto - Brakes Check Review from O Fallon, Illinois

O Fallon, Illinois 0 comments
1.5

Went into Dobbs yesterday to have my brakes checked. They called and told me I needs brakes and rotors in the rear now I was there in Oct.and at that time I had 55057 miles and they checked the brakes at that time and said the brakes was OK. Going in yesterday which was 2/26/2015 is when they told me I needed brakes and rotors and the mileage on the car is 57589. I don't believe they ck my brakes in Oct. Because that is only 2500 miles different. Back in Oct if they had of told me I needed brakes I would have bought at that time. I go to Dobbs every 3000 miles and I also purchase tires alignment and even purchase tires on my husband car. I have always dealt with Dobbs now I have my doubt's about them. So what I am asking is I think I should be refunded for those rotors because if they had of checked my brakes when I asked to in Oct. I would need rotors now. I paid 496

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of brakes check. Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned brakes check in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers.

Dobbs Tire And Auto Centers - Simple Review #1418663383

Collinsville, Illinois 0 comments

my car to the Dobbs center in Fairview heights I'll. For noise coming from my brake just needed brake on.the tech manager call me about a list of thing. No will come back later and have it done just put it on the receipt show up to a four hundred and sixty dollar bill for breaks.

Review about: Brake Repair.